Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy happy happy! :D



MEET SAMSUN!!!!!!!

My galaxy player FINALLY came in, and it is NOTHING short of amazing ;) Just as I thought though... pffftt. I didn't realize until I unwrapped it from the package that I actually got the white model, which I actually like - a lot. Can't see scratches as much if I happen to scratch it, lol. My mom flipped when she found out I payed $215+tax for this bad baby, but honestly I would have payed that much for a decent Ipod {which I will never, ever, EVER do. Anti-Apple here people!} -- anywho, you can check out the full specs of the 4.0 mode vs. the 5.0 {the one that I bought} here .. I'm really happy in getting the 5.0 because the 4.0 is about the size of my phone; not complaining, but the 5.0 beat it's sibling by a milestone. Both run off Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread, and while I'm not a HUGE fan of previous versions, it's quite impressive so far. But Samsun has a massive 5" amaaaazing LCD display, and extremely thin at only 0.46". Everything else is pretty much the same as the 4, with the exception that it sports flash in the rear to accompany its wonderous 3.2-megapixel camera. And the sound. OH. MY. GOD. The sound is better than my TABLET. {For the most part, some songs I listened to were just poor quality. Thanks, Youtube.} But overall it's woooonderfuuullllll :D If that's not a win for me, the 2,500 mAh battery has TWICE the charge time, at a whopping 60 hours. There was one review that drove my to buy it though, after reading through many. The guy stated: "I tested it looping video continuously, brightness set to half (plenty bright in a lit room), with Wi-Fi, GPS, and all other potential power drains turned off. The Galaxy Player 5.0 finally shut down, after looping video continuously for... ten hours and forty one minutes. No, that's not a typo. If you assume the music-only performance is similarly undersold, you're looking at 78 hours of music playback. You'll understand why I didn't run a continuous test to actually check that out -- you'd be waiting at least three more days for this review." -- Samsung states it allows 8 hours of video playback, or 60 hours of music.

-- So I'm pretty stoked :D Yes. My nerd is showing :B


Here are the two compared SbS; Samsun's cousin, Sungo is on the is on the left :D


All in all, I think I made a damn good choice. Reasons being:
1. I didn't buy Apple.
2. I didn't buy Apple.
3. I didn't buy Apple.
4. ....... It's shiny :D

No comments:

Post a Comment